Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Six (10-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Half cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- One (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- One (8.75-ounce) can reduced-sodium whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- One cup green salsa or red salsa
- Half cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
- Quarter cup snipped fresh cilantro
- Three-fourth cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
- calories 325 kcal
- protein 15g
- fat 10g
- carbohydrates 47g
- cholesterol 10mg
- sodium 916mg
- dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Bake about 5 minutes or until warm and softened.
- Meanwhile, for filling, coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans. Using a fork or potato masher, mash beans slightly. Stir in corn, Half cup of the salsa, and the tomato; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- To assemble, spoon about Half cup of the filling onto each tortilla, spooning filling just below the center.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling.
- Fold in opposite sides; roll up from the bottom. If necessary, secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place filled tortillas, seam sides down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Coat top and sides of the filled tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown and crisp.
- To serve, sprinkle chimichangas with cheese and top with the remaining Half cup salsa.