- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Portion: 1 persons
- Two tablespoons. olive oil
- One medium onion, chopped
- One garlic clove, crushed
- One tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to season
And that is how change happens, one gesture, one person, one moment at a time.
– Libba Bray
- calories 140kcal
- proteins 20g
- fats 1.7g
- carbohydrates 2.5g
- Place the tomatoes (still in their juice) with the chopped onion and crushed garlic in the smoothie maker. Blend for about 20 seconds. Add a little cold water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Add the red wine vinegar, olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Put in the fridge to chill (about an hour should do).
- If you want to add a bit of crunch to your gazpacho, dice up some cucumber, peppers (red or green), fresh chives and mint to the soup.
- Tomatoes are the main ingredient in gazpacho, and as they are high in antioxidants, that equals excellent Nutrition benefits for you. Tomatoes contain the carotenoids beta-carotene and lycopene. These brightly coloured antioxidants have a vital role in helping to clean up free radicals in the blood system and from body tissues. Antioxidants are also beneficial to slowing down the signs of ageing, together with being good for cardiovascular Nutrition.