- Preparation Time; 10 minutes
- Cooking time; 25 minutes
- 300g self-rising flour
- One teaspoon baking powder
- 125g soft brown sugar
- One egg
- 50 ml maple syrup
- 250 ml of milk
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 125g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 75g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped white chocolate
Men make history and not the other way around, in periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurred when courageous, skilful leaders seized the opportunity to change things for the better.
– Harry S. Truman
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar, beat together the egg, maple syrup, milk and melted butter and beat into the dry ingredients until mixed, fold in the chocolate and pecan.
- Divide the mixture among eight paper cake case arranged in a 12-hole deep muffin tin and top with some extra chopped nuts and chocolate, bake in a preheated oven, 200oC, set timer for 25 minutes until risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For milk chocolate and walnut muffins, make the muffins as above but replace the white chocolate and the pecan nuts with 75g coarsely chopped walnuts.