- Preparations Time; 30 minutes
Cooking time; 15 minutes
- 125g butter
- 125ml maple syrup
- 125g light muscovado sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- One teaspoon baking powder
- One teaspoon ground ginger
- Two eggs
- 125ml milk
- Three tablespoons glace ginger, chopped and extra for decoration
- 200g icing sugar
- 5-6 teaspoons water
- Two pieces glace ginger sliced
A word of encouragement from a teacher to a child can change a life. A word of support from a spouse can save a marriage, an expression of support from a leader can inspire a person to reach her potential
– John C. Maxwell.
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the butter has melted, mix the flour, baking powder and ground ginger in a bowl, beat the eggs and milk in another bowl.
- Remove the buttered saucepan from the heat, then beat in the flour mixture, gradually beat in the egg and milk mixture then stir in the chopped glace ginger.
- Divide the mixture evenly among paper cake cases arranged in a 12-hole deep muffin tin and bake in a preheated oven, 180o, set timer for 15 minutes until well risen and cracked, leave to cool in the tin.
- Make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually mix in the water to create a smooth, spoonable icing, draggle random lines of icing from a spoon over the muffins and complete with slices of glace ginger, leave the icing to harden for 30 minutes before serving.