- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Portion: 1 person
- One small red onion, chopped
- One medium carrot, chopped
- One parsnip, chopped
- One sweet potato, chopped
- One leek, chopped
- Half of 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (adjust the quantity of chilled pending on how hot you like it!
- 350ml vegetable broth
- One tablespoon of olive oil
And that is how change happens, one gesture, one person, one moment at a time.
– Libba Bray
- calories 140kcal
- proteins 20g
- fats 1.7g
- carbohydrates 2.5g
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the vegetables (onion, carrots, parsnip, leek, sweet potato) and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and cook for a further 20 minutes
- Allow cooling to room temperature.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into your blender and blend for about 30 seconds until completely smooth.
- Add more broth or hot water if required.
- Pour contents back into the saucepan and add the chilli.
- Alter the consistency with a little broth or hot water if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper if required.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
- Chillis not only taste good, but they also speed up your metabolism. They raise your endorphin levels making you feel better.
- Carrots are naturally sweet and high in fibre and carotenoids. The high fibre content is great for weight management, making you feel fuller for longer.
- Sweet Potatoes are high in beta-carotene, vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin A can help support Healthy blood cell development.
- Leeks are part of the onion and garlic family and offer a vast array of Nutrition benefits. Leeks are high in the antioxidant polyphenol and the flavonoid kaempferol, which play a part in protecting our blood vessels and cells from damage. The allicin found in leeks can help fight dangerous free radicals in your body. Leeks are also low in calories yet help to make you feel full. Leeks also contain high levels of vitamins K and A.