- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- Two handfuls of kale
- One apple
- Two bananas
- Ice cubes
- If you can use frozen bananas, then it will negate the need for using ice cubes. If they are not frozen, then fresh is fine.
- Either buy a frozen often as part of a mixed bag of frozen fruit or chop them up and freeze them from fresh.
- Place all the ingredients in the smoothie maker and blend.
- Apples are great for cleaning the colon and getting your skin looking clear. They are full of vitamin C, which is fantastic for your skin complexion. Apples also contain vitamin Bs, which are suitable for skin problems.
- Bananas are the food of choice of Jamaican Olympic sprinter Yohan Blake. He scoffs 16 bananas a day! I probably wouldn’t (and couldn’t!) eat that many in a day, but he is right to get his energy the natural way. Bananas help to keep your blood sugar levels stable, and the sucrose contains in a banana which acts more slowly than other sugars. So, you get the same energy high as you would get from a fizzy energy drink but without the crash afterwards. You’ll find me on the running track.