- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook:10 minutes
- Stand: 10 minutes
- Makes: 4 (1⁄2-cup) servings
- one tablespoon butter
- two medium apples, such as Rome or Pink Lady, peeled if desired, cored, and quartered
- one tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Half teaspoon grated fresh ginger or Quarter teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cardamom or ground cinnamon
- one (6-ounce) container fat-free plain Greek yogurt, such as Fage, or
- fat-free plain yogurt
- one teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- four teaspoons honey
- Quarter cup low-fat granola
– Harry S. Truman
- calories 145 kcal
- protein 5g
- fat 3g
- carbohydrates 26g
- cholesterol 56 mg
- sodium 26g
- dietary fibre 2g
- In a medium skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add apples; cook about 5 minutes or until apples are golden brown, turning occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir in brown sugar, ginger, and cardamom; cook and stir about 5 minutes more or until apples are nearly tender.
- Remove skillet from heat. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt with lemon peel. Divide cooked apples among four individual plates or bowls.
- Top with yogurt mixture.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with granola.