- Prep: 20 minutes
- Bake: 30 minutes
- Oven: 375°F
- Makes: 8 servings
- Six medium red and/or green cooking apples, cored, peeled, if desired, and thinly sliced
- Two-Third cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Two tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Quarter cup peanut butter
- Two tablespoons chopped peanuts
“Men make history and not the other way around, in periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurred when courageous, skilful leaders seized the opportunity to change things for the better”.
– Harry S. Truman
- Calories 174 kcal
- Protein 4g
- Fat 6g
- Carbohydrates 28g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 51mg
- Dietary fiber 4g
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place apple slices in a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. In a small bowl stir together the 2 tablespoons flour and the 1 tablespoon brown sugar until well combined.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over apple slices in dish; toss to coat.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine rolled oats, the 2 tablespoons flour, and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Using a fork, stir in peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in peanuts, uncover apple mixture; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes more or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm.