Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Cool: 5 minutes
Makes: 9 cookie logs
- One cup rolled oats
- Three-quarter cup whole wheat pastry flour
- Quarter cup non-fat dry milk powder
- Half teaspoon baking soda
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One-eight teaspoon salt
- Three tablespoons corn oil or canal oil
- Half cup maple-flavoured syrup
- One teaspoon vanilla
- Three-quarter cup dried apricot halves, chopped
- Quarter cup raw sunflower seeds
– Harry S. Truman
- calories 249 kcal
- protein 6g
- fat 8g
- carbohydrates 40g
- cholesterol 0mg
- sodium 125mg
- dietary fibre 4g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, flour, dry milk, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl combine oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add oil mixture all at once to flour mixture, stir just until combined. Stir in apricots and sunflower seeds.
- For each cookie, use damp hands to shape Quarter cup of dough into a 4-inch log. Place logs on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown and edges are set (cookies will still be soft). Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Store cookies in a resealable plastic bag or wrap individually in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw frozen cookies at room temperature about 30 minutes or until completely thawed.