- Preparation Time; 20 minutes
- Cooking time; 18 minutes
- 300g self-raising wholemeal flour
- One teaspoon of baking muscovado sugar
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Three eggs
- 200ml full-fat crème Fraiche
- 225g can apricot halves in natural juice, drained and wrongly chopped, the juice reserved
- Three tablespoons sunflower seeds
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes, do not resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality, let things flow forward naturally in whatever way they like.
– Lao Tzu
- Stir the flour, baking powder, sugar and orange rind together in a mixing bowl
- Beat the eggs in a smaller bowl then mix in the crème Fraiche, add to the flour mixture with the chopped apricots and fork together until just mixed, adding three tablespoons of the reserved canned apricot juice to make a soft, spoonable consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into paper muffin cases arranged in a 12-hole deep muffin tin and sprinkle with the sunflower seeds, bake in a preheated oven, 200oC, set the timer for 18 minutes until well risen and the tops are cracked, leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack, best eaten on the day they are made.