- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time; 11/4 hours
- 3 eggs whites
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- One small ripe banana
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- 150ml double cream
- Eight tablespoons ready-made toffee fudge ice-cream sauce
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes, do not resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality, let things flow forward naturally in whatever way they like.
– Lao Tzu
- Whisk the egg white in a large clean bowl until stiff, gradually whisk in the sugar a teaspoon at a time, until it has all been added, whisk for a few minutes until the meringues mixture is thick and glossy.
- Using a dessertspoon, take a lager scoop of meringues mixture then scoop off the first spoon using a second spoon and drop on to large baking steel lined with nonstick baking paper to make an oval-shaped meringue, continue until all the mixture has been used.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 110o C, set the timer for 1-11/4 hours, or until the meringues are firm and may be easily peeled off the paper, leave to cool still on the paper.
- To serve, roughly mash the banana with lemon juice, whip the cream until it forms soft swirls then whisk in 2 tablespoons of the toffee fudge sauce, combine with the mashed banana then use to sandwich the meringues together in pairs and arrange in paper cake cases, drizzle with the remaining toffee fudge sauce and serve immediately.