- Preparation Time; 20 minutes
- Cooking time; 20 minutes
- Three eggs
- 150ml reduced-fat crème Fraiche
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g finely ground hazelnuts
- 175g plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 152g fresh blueberries
- 15g hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Sifted icing sugar, for dusting
You are braver than you believe and more durable than you seem, a smarter than you think.
– A.A. Milne
- Put the eggs, crème Fraiche and sugar mixture in a bowl and whisk together until smooth, add the ground hazelnuts, flour and baking powder and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cake cases arranged in a 12-hole deep muffin tin and divide the blueberries evenly among them, pressing lightly into the dough, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes until well risen and golden, dust the tops with a little sifted icing sugar and leave to cool in the tin, these are best eaten on the day they are made.