- Canning jars
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- Portion: 3 persons
- Four cups 2% low-fat milk
- Half a cup plain yoghurt with active cultures
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- One banana, peeled and chopped
– Andy Warhol
- calories 270kcal
- protein 12.2g
- fat 54.6g carbohydrates 13.3g
- Pour the milk into a pan, and heat over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan and milk is just below the boiling point.
- Do not let the milk boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Skim off any skin that forms on the milk.
- Pour the cooled milk into a yoghurt maker, and stir in the yoghurt, vanilla, and bananas.
- Cook according to manufacturer’s Preparation, or at least 4 hours .
- If desired, strain yoghurt through a fine sieve or coffee filter to remove the whey, and return to the yoghurt maker.
- Refrigerate the yoghurt overnight or another 8 hours to thicken further.
- Banana: A medium banana provides almost 9% of a person’s daily potassium needs, according to the nutritional information. Potassium can help manage blood pressure and reduce strain on the cardiovascular system.