- Making time 20 minutes
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- 100 g plain flour
- One tablespoon cocoa powder
- One teaspoon baking powder
- Half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 g light muscovado sugar
- Quarter teaspoon lazy ready-chopped chilli from a jar or mild fresh chopped red chilli
- Two tablespoons golden syrup
- 100 g plain dark chocolate, finely chopped
No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.
- Stir all the dry ingredients together in a bowl or a food processor. Add the butter and chilli then rub in with fingertips or process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the syrup then mix together with your hands to form a ball
- Knead in the chopped chocolate then shape the dough into a log and slice into 12. Roll each piece into a ball and arrange on 2 large greased baking sheets, cook one baking sheet at a time in the centre of a preheated oven, 1800C, set timer for 10 minutes until browned and the tops are craggy.
- Leave to cool for 1-2 minutes then loosen and transfer to a wire rack. These cookies are best eaten on the day they are made and delicious served while still warm.