- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Portion: 1 persons
- One tablespoon. of olive oil
- One medium onion, chopped
- One garlic clove, crushed
- 350ml of chicken broth
- One medium potato, cut into cubes (Maris Piper is best, but any will do)
- 75g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 50ml single cream (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to season
And that is how change happens, one gesture, one person, one moment at a time.
– Libba Bray
- calories 140kcal
- proteins 20g
- fats 1.7g
- carbohydrates 2.5g
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the chopped onions and crushed garlic.
- Cook over a gentle heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the potato and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Allow cooling to room temperature.
- Pour the contents into the smoothie maker and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add more broth or hot water if required.
- Return to the saucepan and add the shredded chicken breast. Stir in the optional single cream. Heat gently for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper if required.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Chicken has many Nutrition benefits, including protein, essential vitamins and minerals. Protein is an integral part of our diet, helping to build and repair muscle. The B vitamins found in the chicken are great for boosting immunity and helping with skin conditions. Chicken soup is not only a tasty and comforting soup when suffering from a cold or sore throat, but it also provides some relief.