- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Portion: 1 person
- One tablespoon. olive oil
- One clove of garlic, crushed
- One small onion, chopped
- One tablespoon of mild curry powder
- 300ml of vegetable broth
- 50ml of single cream
- One ripe banana
- One lime
And that is how change happens, one gesture, one person, one moment at a time.
– Libba Bray
- calories 120kcal
- proteins 10g
- fats 1.7g
- carbohydrates 2.5g
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook while stirring for a further 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, chopped banana and juice of the lime. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Allow cooling to room temperature.
- Pour contents into the smoothie maker. Stir in the cream and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add more broth or hot water if required.
- Add any salt or pepper, if required. Gently reheat before serving.
- Bananas are high in potassium, making them great for lowering blood pressure. The naturally sweet taste of a banana can help curb those with a sweet tooth, while leaving you feeling full, due to the high fibre levels they contain.
- Curry powder contains turmeric, a potent spice that is said to help a variety of conditions, owing to its anti-inflammatory benefits. It is bright yellow to look at and tastes warm and peppery.