- Making time 25 minutes
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- 150 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lime
- One egg
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 200 g plain flour
- 50 g shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens.
― Tony DeLiso
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add the lime rind, egg and coconut and beat until smooth, gradually beat in the flour.
- Spoon the mixture onto a piece of greaseproof paper shaped into a log about 35 cm long. Roll the dough in the chopped pistachios then warp in the paper and twist the ends together, chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 days.
- To serve, unwrap and slice off as many biscuits as required, arrange on a greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven, 1800C, set timer for 10 minutes until pale golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, these are best eaten on the day they are made.