- Makes one glass martini
- Equipment; cocktail shaker, strainer
- Ice cubes
- One measure VSOP Cognac
- One measure tawny port
- Two teaspoons maraschino liqueur
- Six mint leaves, plus extra to decorate
We cannot change our history, and we cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way; we cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixture shaker.
- Shake and strain into a glass, decorate with mint and leaf and serve.
- For a Port Stinger, add ice cubes, two measures tawny port, two teaspoons crème de framboise, two teaspoons crème de cassis, three raspberries and four mint leaves to a mixture shaker, shake and strain into a martini glass decorate with a mint leaf and serve.