- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- One handful of romaine lettuce
- One apple
- Half cucumber
- Half a lime
- Ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in your smoothie maker.
- Add water up to the max line or less if you prefer a thicker consistency.
- Cucumber contains over 90% water, second only to the watermelon for its high-water content. This makes cucumber the ideal thirst quencher for not only hot days but for use during and after working out. If you can buy organic cucumbers, even better, this way, you can blend the skin, which is where high quantities of silica are found. Silica is a mineral that helps strengthen tendons, muscles, cartilage, bones, ligaments and skin.