- Making time 20 minutes
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- 375 g ready-made puff pastry
- Two crisp green dessert apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- One tablespoon caster sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter, chilled
- Crème Fraiche to serve
For the Apricot glaze: –
- 250 g apricot jam
- Two teaspoons lemon juice
- Two teaspoons water
You can’t stop the future you can’t rewind the past the only way to learn the secret ….is to press play.
– Jay Asher
- Divide the pastry into quarters and roll each out on a lightly floured surface until 2 mm thick, using a 13 cm plate as a guide cut out four rounds make several short cuts around the plate rather than drawing a knife around, which can stretch the pastry, place the series on a baking sheet.
- Place a slightly smaller plate on each pastry round and score around the edge to form a 1 cm border, prick the centres with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the apple slices in a circle over the pastry rounds and sprinkle with the sugar. Grate the butter over the top and bake in a preheated oven, 2200C set a timer for 28 minutes until the pastry and apples are golden.
- Meanwhile, make the apricot glaze, put the jam in a small saucepan with the lemon juice and water and heat gently until the jam melts. Increase the heat and boil for 1 minute, remove from the heat and press through a fine sieve. Keep warm the brush out apple tart while they are still warm, serve with ice cream.