- Making time 20 minutes
- Preparation time 10 minutes
- 125 g butter
- 125 g golden syrup
- 125 g light muscovado sugar
- 125 g oats
- 125 g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- Three tablespoons of strawberry jams
- Two tablespoons of desiccated coconut
Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens.
― Tony DeLiso
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until just melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats, flour and coconut, tip the mixture into an 18cm shallow square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper, and press into an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 1800C, and set the timer for 15 minutes until golden. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then mark into 9 squares, spread with the jam and sprinkle with the coconut, leave to cool completely.
- Lift the paper out of the tin, cut the squares right through and peel off the paper, and store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days.