- Making time 30 minutes
- Preparation time 25 minutes
- 200 g butter
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- Four tablespoons golden syrup
- 100 g mixed seeds
- 50 g whole unblanched almonds
- 50 g hazelnuts
- One dessert apple, cored, diced but not peeled
- One small banana, peeled and roughly mashed
- 200 g porridge oats
Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens.
― Tony DeLiso
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until just melted. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in all the remaining ingredients, tip the mixture into an 18*28cm roasting tin lined with non-stick baking paper, and press into an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 1800C, set timer for 30 minutes until golden brown and just beginning to darken around the edges. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then mark 16 bars and leave to cool completely.
- Lift the paper out of tin, cut the bars right through and peel off the paper, store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days- they are energy boosters and therefore ideal for adding to lunchboxes.