- Making time 30 minutes
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- 100 g butter
- One tablespoon of golden syrup
- 100 g caster sugar
- One teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- One teaspoon of ground ginger
- Two tablespoons ready-chopped glace ginger
- 100 g plain wholemeal flour
- 125 g porridge oats
Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens.
― Tony DeLiso
- Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat then stir in the bicarbonate of soda, ground and chopped ginger, add the flour and oats and mix well.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of mixture onto 3 lightly greased baking sheets, leaving a little space between for the biscuits to spread during cooking.
- Cook one baking sheet at a time in the centre of a preheated oven, 1800C, and set the timer for 10 minutes until the biscuits are craggy and golden. Leave to harden for 1-2 minutes then loosen and transfer to a wire rack to cool, store in an airtight tin for up to 3 days.