- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- Two handfuls of romaine lettuce
- half raw beetroot
- One carrot
- half stick of celery
- Half a lemon (if unwaxed you can leave the skin on)
- Ice cubes
- How you use the raw beetroot will come down to your taste.
- I find it quite hard to take the earthy flavour of a blended beetroot, so I tend to pop mine in my juicer and use the juice to put in my smoothie maker.
- However, I know many others who love the taste so just put it straight in their blender.
- Adding lemon or lime juice can help mask the taste if you want to blend it for convenience.
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and mix until you have the desired consistency.
- Beetroot has approximately 20 times the number of nitrates as other vegetables. The nitrate converts into nitric oxide in our bodies which helps to provide us with longer-lasting energy. Beetroot widens the blood vessels allowing oxygen to flow more easily, increasing your energy and stamina levels. Beetroot is also rich in iron, an essential mineral needed for Healthy blood and energy production.