- Preparation Time; 20 minutes
- Cooking time; 18 minutes
- 40g dried cranberries
- Two tablespoons boiling water
- Three small ripe pears
- 300g plain flour
- Three teaspoons baking powder
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Half teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 50g butter, melted
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Three eggs
- 150g low-fat natural yoghurt
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes, do not resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality, let things flow forward naturally in whatever way they like.
– Lao Tzu
- Put the cranberries in a cup, add the boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes; meanwhile, quarter, core, peel and dice the pears.
- Place the flour, baking powder, spices and sugar in a mixing bowl, fork the melted butter, oil, eggs and yoghurt together in another bowl then combine with the flour mixture.
- Drain the cranberries, add to the flour mixture with the pears and mix briefly then spoon into paper muffin cases arranged in a 12-hole deep muffin tin and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200oC, set time for 15 minutes until well risen and golden, leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack, serve warm or cold, they are best eaten on the day they are made.