- Makes one glass martini
- Equipment; cocktail shaker, strainer
- Three strawberries, hulled
- Dash of strawberry syrup
- Six mint leaves, plus a sprig to decorate
- Two measures golden rum
- 2 measures lime juice
- Ice cubes strawberry slice, to decorate
I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sail always to reach the destination.
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Mix-up the strawberries, syrup and mint leaves in the bottom of a mixture shaker.
- Add the rum and lime juice, shake with ice and double-strain into a chilled martini glass, decorate with a strawberry slice and sprig of mint.
- For a melon Daiquiri, shake two measures rum, one measure lime juice and ½ measure Midori with plenty of crushed ice, then strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Decorate with a small wedge of melon.