- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Portion: 1 persons
- One tablespoon. of olive oil
- One medium onion, finely chopped
- One garlic clove, crushed
- 2 to 3 handfuls of ripe cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
- 350ml of vegetable broth
- 25ml milk
- 50ml of single cream
Loss is nothing else but change, and change is nature’s delight.
– Marcus Aurelius
- calories 140kcal
- proteins 20g
- fats 1.7g
- carbohydrates 2.5g
- Heat the oil gently in a saucepan.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic, cooking gently for about 10 minutes or until soft. Do not allow to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add in the water and lemon juice and simmer for a further 5 minute.
- Allow cooling to room temperature.
- Pour the contents into the smoothie maker and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add more broth or hot water if required.
- Return the materials to the saucepan and stir in the cream and milk over a gentle heat.
- Season with salt and pepper if required. Serve.
- Cherry tomatoes are low in calories and high in nutritious benefits. Cherry tomatoes contain protein, fibre, vitamin C as well as vitamin B-6, a vitamin that helps produce red blood cells and supports brain function. The vitamin A found in the tomatoes helps to keep eyes Healthy as well as your kidneys, lungs and heart functioning properly.