- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- Two handfuls of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon
- One handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
- Ice cubes (if not using frozen ingredients)
- You won’t need to include as much water in this recipe due to the high water the content found in watermelons.
- Feel free to adjust the water levels accordingly.
- Place all the ingredients in the smoothie maker and blend.
- This is a smoothie perfect for hot summer days.
- Watermelons do not contain as many nutrients like other fruits, but they are high in beta-carotene and vitamin C. They also contain lycopene the same nutrient found in tomatoes. The high water content in watermelons makes them a great ingredient to include in a smoothie to sip on to rehydrate during and after a workout.