- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- One handful of spinach
- One handful of kale
- One handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- One apple
- One tablespoon ground flaxseed
- One tablespoon of honey
- Ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to the smoothie maker blender.
- Top up with water.
- Blend for around 30 seconds.
- Ground flaxseeds can be added to any smoothie, but don’t have more than two tablespoons in a day as the husks contain compounds that can be toxic in high doses. The fantastic Nutrition-giving properties of flaxseed are recognized around the world. They are a rich source of dietary fibre which can help relieve constipation. Other benefits include essential fatty acids, in particular omega three and omega 6.