Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 7 to 8 hours (low) or 3Half to 4 hours (high) + 10 minutes (high)
Makes: 6 servings
- One pound turkey breast tenderloin or skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Two (14-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Two cups sliced fresh shiitake or button mushrooms
- One-Half cups water
- Two medium carrots, cut into thin bite-size strips (1 cup)
- Half cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- Two tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Two teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- One-Half cups sliced bok choy
- One cup uncooked instant brown rice
– Harry S. Truman
- calories 166 kcal
- protein 22g
- fat 2g
- carbohydrates 15g
- cholesterol 45mg
- sodium 572mg
- dietary fibre 2g
- In a 3-1⁄2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine turkey, broth, mushrooms, the water, carrots, onion, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3Half to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
- Stir in bulk choy and rice. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until rice is tender. If desired, top each serving with chow mien noodles.