Prep: 40 minutes
- 30 cherry tomatoes (about 2Half cups)
- Half of a medium avocado, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- Two ounces cream cheese, softened
- Two tablespoons basil pesto
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- Snipped fresh basil (optional)
- Coarse ground black pepper (optional)
– Harry S. Truman
- calories 18 kcal
- protein 0g
- fat 1g
- carbohydrates 1g
- cholesterol 2mg
- sodium 16mg
- dietary fibre 0g
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. If desired, cut a thin slice from the bottom of each tomato so it stands upright.
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, carefully hollow out tomatoes; invert onto paper towels. Let stand for 30 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a food processor combine avocado, cream cheese, pesto, and lemon juice.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Spoon filling into a decorating bag fitted with a large plain round or open star tip.
- Pipe or spoon filling into tomato cups and arrange on a serving platter. Serve immediately or cover loosely and chill for up to 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with basil and pepper before serving.