- Making time 30 minutes
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Two bananas each peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Two small ripe peaches halved sliced and stoned
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 270 g packet six filo pastry sheets, defrosted if frozen
- 50 g butter, melted
- Sifted icing sugar, for dusting
No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
– Robin Williams
- Toss the bananas in the lemon juice then place in a large bowl with peach slices and blueberries.
- Mix the sugar, breadcrumbs and cinnamon in a small bowl then gently mix with the fruit.
- Unfold the pastry sheets, put one in front of you with the longest edge nearest you.
- Cut in half to make two rectangles, 23 * 25, put two heaped spoonful of the fruit mixture on each then fold in the sides, brush the pastry with a little of the melted butter then roll up like a parcel. Repeat to make eight mini strudels using four sheets of pastry.
- Brush the strudels with a bit of more melted butter, cut the remaining pastry sheets into wide strips then wrap them like bandages around the strudels, covering any tears or splits in the pastry. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with the remaining butter
- Bake in a preheated oven, 1900C, set timer 18 minutes until golden brown and crips. Leave to cool on the baking sheet then dust with a little sifted icing sugar and arrange on a serving plate, it is best eaten on the same day made.