Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 5 minutes
Chill: 4 to 24 hours
Makes: 9 servings
- Twenty-four reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- Three tablespoons tub-style vegetable oil spread with 40% to 50% fat
- One-Half cups fat-free milk
- One (4-serving) size package vanilla or banana cream fat-free sugar free instant pudding mix
- Half of an 8-ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Four large bananas, sliced
- Two teaspoons lemon juice
- Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
calories 97 kcal
dietary fiber 2g
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For crust, place vanilla wafers in a food processor.
- Cover and process until finely crushed.
- Add vegetable oil spread.
- Cover and process until mixture begins to cling together.
- Transfer to a 2-quart square baking dish; press crumb mixture evenly into bottom of dish. Bake about 5 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine milk and pudding mix.
- Whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until pudding is thickened.
- Gently fold in Half container whipped topping until combined.
- In another medium bowl toss banana slices with lemon juice to coat.
- Layer Half of the banana slices over cooled crust.
- Top with Half of the filling. Repeat with remaining bananas and filling.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into nine 2-inch square pieces, garnish each serving with additional whipped topping and/or, if desired, toasted almonds.