Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 14 minutes per batch
Makes: 12 breakfast cookies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Half cup mashed banana (1 large)
- Half cup chunky natural peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened) or regular chunky peanut butter
- Half cup honey
- One teaspoon vanilla
- One cup rolled oats
- Half cup whole wheat flour
- Quarter cup nonfat dry milk powder
- Two teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Quarter teaspoon baking soda
- One cup dried cranberries or raisins
- calories 227 kcal
- protein 6g
- fat 6g
- carbohydrates 37g
- cholesterol 37mg
- sodium 77mg
- dietary fibre 4g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine oats, flour, milk powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Stir oat mixture into banana mixture until combined.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Use a 1⁄4-cup measure or scoop to drop mounds of dough about 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Dip a thin metal or small plastic spatula into water; flatten and spread each mound of dough into a 23⁄4-inch round, about half inch thick.
- Bake, one cookie sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until light brown. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.