- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- One apple
- One handful of cashew nuts
- Two bananas
- One teaspoon Spirulina
- Ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in your smoothie maker and blend.
- Spirulina can be bought in all good Nutrition food market.
- It is quite an acquired taste so you may want to get yourself used to it by starting with tiny amounts.
- It will also turn your smoothie a striking green colour.
- Cashews contain monounsaturated fats which help promote good cardiovascular Nutrition. They are also great for great looking skin and hair.
- Athletes often use spirulina as a nutritional supplement. Spirulina is a blue-green alga that’s been around for some 3 billion years. Spirulina is said to help protect athletes from the effects of overtraining and can help improve endurance. Spirulina helps the body to burn fat rather than carbs when working out, and this allows the body to work out for longer as energy levels are kept higher.