- Making Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 150g plain dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 25g butter
- Two tablespoons golden syrup
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 50g almonds or cashew nuts
- Sugared almonds roughly chopped, to decorate
Men make history and not the other way around, in periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurred when courageous, skilful leaders seized the opportunity to change things for the better.
– Harry S. Truman
- Put the chocolate peanut butter, butter syrup in a saucepan and heat slowly until melted, stirring occasionally, remove from the heat.
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush roughly using a rolling pin. Stir the crushed biscuits and the nuts into the chocolate and stir until evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into 20cm shallow square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper, and spread the surface level. Chill for 4 hours until firm, lift the cake out of the tin using the lining paper, cut into 15 small squares and peel off the paper, decorate with sugared almonds. Store in an sealed tin for up to 3 days.