- Making time 20 minutes
- Preparation time 45 minutes
- 200 g plain flour
- half teaspoon salts
- 100 g butter diced
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-2 teaspoons cold water
For the filling: –
- 3 eggs plus one less yolk
- 475 ml double cream
- 100 g sugar
- 150 ml of lemon juice
You can change your world by changing your words… Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.
– Joel Osteen
- Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the icing sugar and gradually work in the egg yolk and water to make a firm dough.
- Knead the dough briefly on a lightly floured surface, then cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes, roll out the dough and use to line a 25 cm fluted pie dish or tart tin. Prick the pastry case with a fork and chill for 20 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper and ceramic baking beans and bake in a preheated oven, 2000C, set time for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and seeds and bake for a further 10 minutes until crisp and golden, remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 1500
- Beat together all the filling ingredients, pour them into the pastry case, and bake for 25 minutes, let the tart cool completely, dust with sifted icing sugar and serve.