- Makes one glass martini
- Equipment; cocktail shaker, strainer
- Ice cubes
- One measure dry vermouth
- Six measures gin
- Stuffed green olives, to decorate
I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sail always to reach the destination.
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Put 10-12 ice cubes into a mixing glass
- Pour over the vermouth and gin and stir vigorously and evenly without splashing, strain into two chilled martini glasses, decorate each with a green olive and serves.
- For a smoky martini, put some ice into a mixing glass, add ½ measure dry vermouth and stir until the ice cubes are well coated. Pour in 4 measures gin and two measures sloe gin then add ten drops orange biters shake well, then strain into two chilled mixture glasses and add an orange twist to each.