- Cooking Time; 50-60 minutes
- Preparation Time; 40 minutes
- Three eggs
- 175g caster sugar
- 50g shelled pistachio nuts, (finely chopped)
- 150g plain dark chocolate, (broken in pieces)
- 150ml double cream
Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
-HENRY VAN DYKE
- Whisk the egg white in a massive clean blow until stiff, whisk in the sugar, a teaspoonful at a time until it has all been added. Whisk for a few minutes more until the meringue mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold in the pistachio then spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into rough swirly mounds on two large baking sheets lined with nonstick baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven, (225oF), set timer 50-60 minutes until meringues are firm and may easily be peeled off the paper, leave to cool still on paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, lift the meringues off the paper and dip the bases into the chocolate, return the paper tilted on their sides and leave in a cool place until the chocolate has hardened.