- Preparations Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 75g plain flour
- 200g icing sugar
- 125g ground almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut grated rind of 1 lemon
- Five egg whites
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
- 125g raspberries
You are braver than you believe and more durable than you seem, a smarter than you think.
– A.A. Milne
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and stir in the ground almonds, coconut and lemon rind.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large clean bowl until frothy then fold into dry ingredients, add the melted butter and stir until evenly combined
- Spoon the mixture into nine lightly oiled friand tins, top each friend with a few raspberry and bake in a preheated oven, at 200oC, set timer for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.