- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- A handful of frozen strawberries
- half red chilli pepper
- 1cm of fresh root ginger
- 1 cup of orange juice
- Juice of half a lime
- Carefully chop up the chilli, removing the seeds.
- Try and use freshly squeezed orange juice if you can.
- Put all the ingredients in and blend.
- Add water to make desired consistency.
- Go with me on this one.
- I know a red chilli in your smoothie might not sound quite right, but trust me, it does taste pretty good.
- Chilli pepper is a brilliant way to speed up your metabolism. Chilli peppers raise your endorphin level, making you feel pretty great. Chilli peppers also have a compound in them called capsaicin which increases energy, acts as an appetite suppressant and boost metabolism. Sometimes you add a little dark chocolate into the mix – try it, it is delicious. Just remember to handle those hot ones with care. Nothing worse than rubbing your eye when you’ve got warm spice on it.