- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- One handful of kale
- One small raw beetroot (or use beetroot juice instead)
- One apple
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1/4 cucumber
- Half a lime
- 250ml water
- I mentioned this earlier in my post, and the raw beetroot can either be blended or juiced, depending on your preferences and of course if you have a juicer.
- Place all the ingredients in your smoothie maker and blend.
- The Power of Beetroot: When I trained for and ran my last marathon, I used raw beetroot quite a bit. I even drunk it during the marathon event itself to help my body cope with the intensity of what it was going through.