- Makes one glass martini
- Equipment; cocktail shaker, strainer
- Six ice cubes
- Two dashes Angostura bitters
- Two dashes lime bitters
- Two teaspoons caster sugar
- One measure water
- Four measures white rum
- One measure dark rum
- Lime rind twists, to decorate
I cannot change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sail always to reach the destination.
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Stir one ice cube with a dash of both bitters, one teaspoon sugar and half the water in each old-fashioned glass until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the white rum, stir and add the remaining ice cubes, add the dark rum and stir again, decorate each glass with a lime rind twist and serve.
- For a Rum Refashioned, put a brown sugar cube in each old-fashioned glass, slash it with some Angostura bitters, then add two ice cubes and two measures aged rum to each glass, stir well then add sugar syrup to taste.