- Smoothie Maker or Blender
- Two handfuls of romaine lettuce
- Two handfuls of fresh or frozen mango
- Try and pick crisp and fresh romaine lettuce to use in your smoothie.
- Place all ingredients into the smoothie maker and blend.
- Feel free to substitute the water for coconut water if you fancy changing it up a bit.
- Romaine Lettuce is a great green leafy base to use in your smoothie. The flavour is quite mild in taste, Preparation great to use if you are trying to get used to the richer taste of other greens. Romaine lettuce contains all 9 essential amino acids, what a significant nutritional boost to include in your smoothie. Romaine lettuce is high in calcium, omega-3 essential fats and has more vitamin A than a carrot! The water content of romaine lettuce is high, Preparation perfect for keeping you hydrated while helping you lose weight. Despite not being one of the darker greens, romaine lettuce is still very rich in minerals. It is also high in iron.